Monday 12 December 2022

My absence

 Ooops. Sorry I have not posted anything since August.

I have been back down the A1 for another operation at the Spire Hospital in Washington.

GM4FVM with many added painkillers at the Spire Hospital Washington (again)

As I have mentioned before here, this was a gearbox change and it involved a full knee replacement.

I had fondly thought that this type of operation would not really affect my radio activities much. Sure, it was painful but what would stop me sitting at my desk using the radio?

ANSWER:- Hamstring and quadriceps muscles take along time to get better.

To begin with I could not sit in the shack at all. Even now, more than three months later, I cannot sit in the shack for too long.

All is not lost though. Lately I have been able to participate in a few contests, for a few hours at least.

Also thanks to various people who have accompanied me to events, I have been able to attend some gatherings.

I can operate the radio now and things are gradually getting better. 

At first I could get about thanks to a stick. Now I can do without the stick for most of the time. However the stick helps to get a seat on the bus.

GM4FVM on a bus in Edinburgh (possibly an image on wall beside GM4FVM himself). Photo MrsFVM.

Hopefully soon I will be back in full operation.

73

Jim GM4FVM

4 comments:

  1. Hello Jim just see you on air: 70174 MSK144 122030 8.7 s 7 dB -11 Hz Freq 1488 Hz > OH4MVH GM4FVM +04 I hope you get better soon.
    73 de Anthonie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, Jim,
    Welcome back.
    I wish you a strong recovery. Take the time you need!
    Hope to have better antennas next year, so we can test our path on 2,4 and 6 - and 10m?
    Vy 73 de Jan.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Anthonie and Jan.
    I saw you on PSK Reporter Anthonie and I wondered if conditions would cover both you and OH4MVH. Tnx for report.
    Yes, Jan. Let us hope that we can do all four bands!
    73 Jim

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad that you can get on the air even for short periods. Hope that you are feeling much better again soon. Happy new year. - Dave (G0DJA)

    ReplyDelete