Friday, 13 March 2015

Nice Meteor Scatter contact into Poland


Thanks to Jerzy SP9HWY for this contact ....

Strong bursts over a path 1538km long!

This is interesting as it is on March 13 at around 15:00 GMT. Logic states that Meteor Scatter is better overnight and from mid April to early January.

Clearly my new 6 element for 70MHz is working as I had hoped. Frankly, I put it up hoping to work Jerzy more often. Previously he has been on the edge of my area of operation and only workable during shower peaks. So maybe something turns out right after all.

Other equipment was WSJT10 software, an Icom IC7100 running 9W of FSK441 into a TE Systems linear putting out 120W into the 6 element Yagi at 10m agl. Site is 60m asl.

That cheered me up, and now Katy the cat has jumped onto my knee to share in the joy.

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment